Monday 31 March 2008

Im not... (3/31/08)

Im not talking today. Everyone keeps telling me that im not saying something right, so my plan is to keep my head buried in the book until the end of the day.

Ill give myself 5 bucks if I accomplish it. LOL

What form of communication can a human have without talking? We are so accustomed to using speech as the primary tool for communication, that it seems very difficult not to speak. It is a very odd thing, and kind of scary if you think about it. What if (I do that alot) an epidemic hit that took out the vocal cords of EVERY human alive. Would we cope? How would we work? Speaking is the most convenient way to communicate, writing seems like Ice Age technology, and sign language is just slow. Braille is out of the question, because we are too lazy to learn. So now we cant make noises, what now? How would we function? Scary...

Im reading Eclipse now (yes, I read New Moon in the matter of a weekend, not even that because we had a band thing at the firefighter benefit Saturday, and Cloud complained because all of the songs were slower than he liked. He needs to be patient, lol, we are getting there) and i am hoping she turns into a vampire. I've heard people say that the story would be over if she turned, and I really dont think it would be. It's a cliche, but the story would have just began if she turned.

IDK, cya later all.

No comments: